1. What do you notice first about this picture? What stands out?
2. Where do you think this photograph was taken? How can you tell?
3. Do you think this was early in the war or closer to the end? Why do
you think that?
4. Why do you think men on horses are going down the street?
5. Why do you think people are out on the street watching this?
6. Do you think this is a sad or happy occasion? Explain your answer.
7. List one or two things that this picture tells you about the war.
Image of Grand Review »
Donate today to preserve Civil War battlefields and the nation’s history for generations to come.
The Civil War Trust and our members have saved more than 47,000 acres in 24 states!
Support the Civil War Trust through your State and Federal Charitable Programs.
SUPPORT THE TRUST
Give with Confidence!
The Majority of our funds go directly to Preservation and Education.