Vicinity of Petersburg, Headquarters of the Army of the Potomac, August 28th, 1864
N. Michler, Major Engineers, U.S.A. United States. Army of the Potomac. Engineer Dept.
Title on verso of map: Petersburg 1864.
Pen and ink manuscript map drawn on tracing cloth showing Civil War fortifications, roads, railroads, rivers, vegetation and houses with names of residents. Confederate lines drawn in red. Union lines and batteries drawn in blue.
This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia
Civil War project no.: lva00194.
Copy 1: Conservation: restored Dec. 1968; Etherington Conservation Center, Jan. 2004.
Copy 1: map accession no. 2747 (1968); copy 2 (negative photostat, LVA, on 2 sheets approx. 52 x 46 cm.)
Digital image available: 20.8 x 36 in.