Saving the battlefields where America was forged
The Civil War Trust launches a new project entitled Campaign 1776 to protect the battlefields of the Revolutionary War and War of 1812, and to educate the public about the importance of these battlefields in forging the nation we are today.
Save ChancellorsvilleNew Opportunity with an impressive $9.29-to-$1 match
Help us save 479 acres at Jackson's Flank attack — nearly doubling the amount of land saved at this part of the battlefield.
Alonzo Cushing at GettysburgWar Department™ Video Series
Follow Medal of Honor awardee Lieutenant Alonzo H. Cushing’s bloodstained belt back to the Angle at Gettysburg where he died wearing it during the climax of Pickett’s Charge.
Save GettysburgLee's Headquarters
Be part of history by joining the Civil War Trust to save one of America's most significant unprotected historic sites — Lee's Headquarters at Gettysburg.
Harvest the History
Join us this November to gather and share history. Watch weekly videos of well-known individuals who care deeply about battlefields, support some of our key efforts—and spread the word of battlefield preservation.
Support the Civil War Trust every time you shop online with AmazonSmile. Amazon will donate .5% of the price of eligible purchases to the Civil War Trust.
From the Front Lines
- Groups seek to save hallowed ground in Princeton (Philadelphia Inquirer) »
- Civil War Trust to preserve battlefields from Revolutionary War and War of 1812 (Washington Post) »
- Historians and Preservation Groups Announce Landmark National Campaign to Save Revolutionary War Battlefields »
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe Accepts Transfer of 127 Acres of Hallowed Ground From Civil War Trust »
- Cedar Creek Battlefield Partners Celebrate Preservation Victories as Anniversary Commemoration Begins »
- Civil War Trust's Restoration of Fleetwood Hill at Brandy Station Underway »
- House of Representatives Allocates $8.9 Million for Battlefield Preservation in Interior Appropriations Bill »
- Brandy Station battle site is being restored (Fredericksburg.com) »
- Civil War Trust Recognizes Pair of Education Leaders With Major Preservation Awards »
- Deal will save Civil War land (Fredericksburg.com) »
- Hallowed Ground Magazine Wins Sixth Consecutive APEX Grand Award for Publication Excellence »
- Interior Sec. Sally Jewel to Accepts Transfer of 285 Acres on Gaines' Mill Battlefield from Civil War Trust »
- Civil War Trust Launches National Campaign to Preserve Robert E. Lee's Headquarters at Gettysburg »
- Overland Campaign: Follow armies along their 75-mile path through photos and sketches »
- Civil War Trust Announces National Campaign to Save Jericho Mill Battlefield At North Anna »
- Civil War Trust 'Field Trip Fund' Sponsors Student Trips to Battlefields »
- Civil War Trust's New War Department™ Video Series Puts Viewers at the Epicenter of Historical Events »
- Overland Campaign Anniversary Begins with Expansion of Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park »
- Atlanta Campaign Battle App Guides Visitors to a Wealth of Civil War Gems »
- Civil War Trust App, 'Real Time' Tweeting Mark 150th Anniversary of Momentous Summer of 1864 »
- Wide Awake Films Wins Silver Telly Award for Production of Battle of Gettysburg Animated Map »
- Civil War Trust 'Teachers Regiment' Connects Educators Passionate About History, Preservation »
- Civil War Trust Earns Fifth Consecutive 4-Star Rating From Charity Navigator »
- Governor McDonnell Announces Donation of Battlefield Lands to Commonwealth by Wal-Mart »
- Video: The Gettysburg Address »
- Be on the Front Lines in Saving History: Become a Member »
- See all News »
Civil War Timeline
Learn more about our Civil War
history via our interactive timeline. Follow the great events of the American Civil War.
View the Timeline »
Hallowed Ground Magazine Online
Each issue of our award-winning magazine is packed with Civil War history from the finest authors and information on Civil War Trust activities. View the Magazine »
Visit a Civil War Site Near You
Treat your family to an educational adventure by touring Civil War battlefields. Visit Civil War Discovery Trail for trip planning, tour maps,
and more. More »
- Questions or comments about our website? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org