This Greek Revival-style home was built by Leonard Waller Groce and is among the most famous and historic plantations in Texas. Liendo was built by slave labor and completed in 1853. During the Civil War, Camp Groce was established at Liendo, where cavalry, artillery, and infantry were recruited. Converted to a prisoner of war camp, it housed troops captured at the Battle of Galveston. From Sept. 1 to Dec. 1, 1865, the plantation was the camp for Gen. G.A. Custer and his command.