Built in 1769, Endview Plantation functioned as a Confederate hospital and headquarters for Gens. McLaws and Toombs during the Peninsula Campaign of 1862. The plantation's former owner, Dr. Humphrey Harwood Curtis, was instrumental in organizing the Warwick Beauregard's at the onset of war. The cannons roar again each spring as part of a Civil War reenactment. Historical programs are also offered.
Newport News, Virginia | When Union Maj. Gen. George B. McClellan began his march toward Richmond during the Peninsula Campaign, elements of the IV Corps skirmished with Confederate soldiers defending the fortifications surrounding the mill on April 4, 1862.