Battery F is one of the six outer batteries built by the Union army in a position to provide support fire on October 3, 1862. Facing northwest, Battery F protected the Memphis and Charleston Railroad. The battery was the northernmost of the detached batteries protecting approaches along roads and railroads. It was captured the evening of October 3. Battery F is a well-preserved earthwork of about 150 feet long, with a parapet between 3 and 6 feet high.
Corinth, Mississippi | Opened in 2004, this museum explains the key role of Corinth in the Civil War's western theater, featuring interactive exhibits, a multimedia presentation on the Battle of Shiloh, and a video on the Battle of Corinth.