Default Map
Historical Map

Investment of Petersburg by General Grant

You are here

SHARE THIS

 
Investment of Petersburg by General Grant
Investment of Petersburg by General Grant

Historical map of Petersburg, Virginia

Investment of Petersburg by Genl. Grant 1865

Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.

[S.l., 1865]

Map shows area surrounding Petersburg, Va., on the Appomattox River including all of the Union and Confederate fortifications during the siege of 1864-65 by Genl. Grant. Details include locations of roads, railroads, significant buildings, and creeks. Map extends to north as far as Fort Walthall, to west as far as Wells Church, to south as far as Reams Station, and to east as far as Fort. Pat Kelly.

Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
Relief shown by hachures.
This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society
In the Robert Knox Sneden Diary (Mss5:1 Sn237:1 v. 6 , p. 369).
Manuscripts

Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA

Learn More: Battle of Petersburg

CALL Z
ARMS

Help Save Reams Station

Join the Civil War Trust to save an additional 480 acres at three sites: Trevilian Station, Reams Station and Bristoe Station. Protect this hallowed ground from the ever-present threat of development.