The Civil War Trust’s achievements were unprecedented in FY2015! From completing a $52.5 million capital campaign to tallying the first preservation victory for Campaign 1776, we had a record-setting year by virtually any measure. Our more than 200,000 members and supporters can take pride in the way Trust programs preserve, educate and engage — as well as our commitment to fiscal responsibility.
Read the Trust’s latest Annual Report (PDF) detailing the organization's activities in Fiscal Year 2015 (April 1, 2015—March 31, 2016) and financial progress.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE YEAR:
- Topped 43,000 acres in cumulative hallowed ground saved forever
- Completed 38 individual transactions at 30 battlefields in 14 states
- Saved a total of 1,768 acres, the equivalent of 2.75 square miles
- Earned our 6th consecutive 4-star recognition for fiscal responsibility from Charity Navigator
- Installed 26 new interpretive signs and conducted 10 demolitions of nonhistoric structures
- Recorded visitation equivalent to 51.7 years on the battlefield-specific pages of our website