The Civil War Trust had a record-breaking year! Together with more than 200,000 members and supporters, the Civil War Trust exceeded the cumulative milestone of saving over 40,000 acres of Civil War battlefield land—the most saved by any land heritage organization in America. Read the 2014 Annual Report (PDF) detailing the organization's activities (Jan 1, 2014—March 31, 2015) and financial progress.
Highlights of the year:
· 2,369 acres of battlefield land saved at 28 battlefields across 10 states
· Launch of Campaign 1776, the first ever national initiative to preserve the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 battlefields that established and confirmed America’s independence from Great Britain.
· Providing 17 field trips to approximately 1,500 students through the Field Trip Fund
· Preservation of Lee’s Headquarters on Seminary Ridge at Gettysburg
· 15,038 Park Day volunteers
Download and read the full 2014 Annual Report (PDF)