"Victors, Not Victims"
The USCT Role in the American Civil War
Hari Jones of the African-American Civil War Memorial in Washington, DC gives an in-depth history of the origins and importance of the USCT contribution to the American Civil War. This lecture was one of the keynotes at our 2009 Teacher Institute in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
- Emancipation Proclamation Home
- "For a Vast Future Also:" Lincoln and the Millennium
- "Thenceforward and Forever Free:" The Emancipation Proclamation and Its Effect on the War
- The National Archives Emancipation Proclamation
- Our Documents, View the Actual Document (NARA)
- Exhibit on the Emancipation Proclamation (LOC)
- Lincoln at 200: Emancipation Proclamation
- The African-American Civil War Memorial
- Battle Overview: Battery Wagner
- Battle Overview: New Market Heights
- Battle Overview: Olustee
- Battle Overview: The Crater