Chancellorsville: The Flank Attack Begins
Historian Bob Krick describes the initial stages of Stonewall Jackson's famous May 2, 1863 Flank Attack at the Battle of Chancellorsville. This powerful attack smashed the Union right and contributed to the stunning Federal defeat at Chancellorsville. This video is one of the many historian videos that can be found within the Civil War Trust's Chancellorsville Battle App for iPhones and Android smartphones.
- Battle Overview: Chancellorsville Page
- Chancellorsville Photo Gallery
- Battle Map: Chancellorsville
- Chancellorsville, May 1: The Killing Game
- Chancellorsville, May 2: Audacious and Dangerous
- Chancellorsville, May 3: The Decisive Day
- Saving the Flank Attack
- Saving the First Day's Battlefield
- Virtual Tour: First Day Historical Markers
- Battle of Salem Church: Final Federal Assault at Chancellorsville (Civil War Times)
- Lee's Greatest Victory by Robert Krick (Fredericksburg.com)
Partners in Preservation
The work of the Civil War Trust would not be possible without the tireless support of a wide variety of local and regional partner groups. We thank them for their assistance and dedication.