Civil War Traveling Trunk
Hands-on classroom resources
The Civil War Traveling Trunk program provides reproduction Civil War artifacts, books, music and other various materials for teachers to utilize during their Civil War instruction. The trunk fosters a greater interest in the American Civil War and in battlefield preservation by allowing students to have a hands-on experience.
The Civil War Traveling Trunk is FREE for teachers.
UPDATE: The Trunk is booked for the 2015-2016 school year.
1. Request a trunk by filling out the Rental Request Form.
2. Each class has the trunk for five days, Monday-Friday. the Trust will create a schedule based on the requests received and contact you to let you know your dates.
3. Teachers will be emailed an inventory of the trunk as well as several of the lesson plans and other materials in the trunk for planning purposes.
4. Assuming that there are no shipping problems, you will receive the trunk about three days before your scheduled week.
5. While you have the trunk, we encourage you to take pictures of your students using the trunk and send the pictures to the Trust!
6. On Wednesday during your scheduled week, a member of the Trust's education team will email you shipping instructions and a prepaid UPS label to get the trunk to the next teacher. Then simply attach the label and take the trunk to a UPS store or pick-up location.
See Where the Trunk has Traveled
View Traveling Trunk 2012-13 in a larger map