Gifted & Talented Curriculum
Activities for Students
From the History Center
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Designed for “gifted and talented” students — or for students with a special interest in the Civil War — this adaptable enrichment experience will give students the opportunity to conduct an in-depth study of one of several Civil War figures through the lenses of character and leadership.
Click on the links below to download each section as a PDF
Before you begin, download our general introduction section to learn more about how to use the CWPT gift & talented curriculum.
Students will read about and reflect upon a variety of Civil War personalities.
Use these worksheets before, during, and after the biography study as a guide.
- Worksheets to Get Started:
- Gifted Student/Teacher Contract
- Character and Leadership: Pre-Study Worksheet
- Historical Person Selection Worksheet
- Potential Project Worksheet
- Primary Source Worksheet
- Evaluating Character & Leadership Qualities:
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) Thematic Strands
- Six Pillars of Character
- Nine Characteristics for Effective, Caring Leaders
- Post-Study & Evaluation:
- Character and Leadership: Post-Study Worksheets
- Teacher Evaluation Worksheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Worksheet