Back to School Checklist
2012/2013 School Year
With the school year about to get underway, make sure you are taking advantage of all the educational resources at your disposal courtesy of the Civil War Trust
- The Civil War Trust curriculum is a set of nine standards-based lesson plans and one final exam, developed by teachers for students at the Elementary, Middle and High school level.
- Take tours with historians, engage in workshops, and discover a community of passionate, like-minded educators — Civil War Trust Professional Development events will help you enrich your Civil War instruction.
- Teachers and students can participate in national contests--essay, postcard, and lesson plan--with cash prizes with categories meant to explore
- and excite a deeper Civil War education.
- The Civil War Traveling Trunk program provides reproduction Civil War artifacts, books, music and other various materials for teachers to utilize during their Civil War instruction, allowing students to have a hands-on experience.
- Check out the Civil War Discovery Trail's compendium of possible field trip locations and get your kids out on the battlefield where their imaginations can take over.
- From battle accounts to biographies of key commanders, there is a wide range of excellent Civil War books to read. Check out our list of recommended titles and more.
- We have all the primary sources a teacher could need to teach the Civil War. Speeches, Acts, Bills, Maps, Correspondence, Narratives, Prints & Photos are all here in one easy-to-navigate location.
- Follow the Civil War Trust Education Department on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest news, information on events and teacher resources.