Best Civil War Lesson Plan Contest
Sponsored by HISTORY
Teachers - Share Your Best Civil War Lesson Plan
First Place - $2,500
Second Place - $1,000
Third Place - $500
All Lessons must:
* Be authored by only one teacher, there is no group entry category.
* Include a goal(s) and measurable objectives
* Include list of the materials to be used, as well as copies of teacher-created handouts
* Include an approximation of the time involved and appropriate grade level
* Include an explanation of the methods to be used and procedure of the lesson
* Use of at least one primary source - this could be a historic photograph, document, letter, diary, artifact, etc.
* Use original work, you must turn in permission for any copyrighted materials
* Be sent through e-mail by July 1, 2014.
Lessons will be judged on creativity, classroom usefulness, and use of primary source materials.
Each entry must be labeled with the following information:
Your Complete Mailing Address
Your School's and Address
Your Preferred Phone Number
Your E-mail Address
Submissions become the property of the Civil War Trust and History and may be reprinted, posted on their respective web sites, and/or shared via other forms of media.
July 1, 2014
Send your lesson electronically to email@example.com.
Use "2013-2014 Best Lesson Plan" as the subject of your email.
Winning teachers will be notified by the end of July 2014.
Need More Information?
Call 202-367-1861 x 7223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.