Skip to main content

Civil War Trust

« Back to Maps  |  More on Ream's Station »

Maps of Ream's Station, Virginia (1864)
Investment of Petersburg by General Grant

 

Investment of Petersburg by Genl. Grant 1865.

Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.

[S.l., 1865]

Map shows area surrounding Petersburg, Va., on the Appomattox River including all of the Union and Confederate fortifications during the siege of 1864-65 by Genl. Grant. Details include locations of roads, railroads, significant buildings, and creeks. Map extends to north as far as Fort Walthall, to west as far as Wells Church, to south as far as Reams Station, and to east as far as Fort. Pat Kelly.

Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
Relief shown by hachures.
This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society
In the Robert Knox Sneden Diary (Mss5:1 Sn237:1 v. 6 , p. 369).
Manuscripts

Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.ndlpcoop/gvhs01.vhs00186

Learn More About Civil War Trust's Map Reprint Policy

Want the Latest? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook:

 

Our Sponsors