« Back to Maps  |  More on Brandy Station »

Maps of Brandy Station, Virginia (1863)
The Battle of Brandy Station - Hansbrough's Ridge - June 9, 1863

 

A union cavalry division supported by an infantry brigade—almost 6,000 soldiers— attacked at Beverly’s Ford on the early morning of June 9, 1863. Designated the “Right Wing,” this Union assaulting force was confronted by Confederate defenders on the Cunningham Farm (Civil War Trust property, largely), and heavy fighting broke out just south of the Rappahannock River.

Learn More About Civil War Trust's Map Reprint Policy

Want the Latest? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook:

 

Our Sponsors