Skip to main content

Civil War Trust

« Back to Maps  |  More on: Appomattox Court House » Appomattox Station »

Maps of Appomattox Court House and Vicinity
Appomattox Station Detail

 

Appomattox Court House. [1865] From surveys under the direction of Bvt. Brig. Gen. N. Michler, Maj. of Engineers, by command of Bvt. Maj. Genl. A. A. Humphreys, Brig. Genl. & Chief of Engineers. Surveyed & drawn by Maj: J. E. Weyss, assisted by F. Theilkuhl, J. Strasser & G. Thompson. Photolith. by the N. Y. Lithographing, Engraving & Printing Co., Julius Bien, Supt. 1867. 

Michler, N. 1827-1881. (Nathaniel)

CREATED/PUBLISHED
[S.l., 1867]

NOTES
Scale 1:21,120.

Reference: LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 525.2

Detailed map of the environs of Appomattox Court House showing roads, railroads, houses and names of residents, drainage, and woodlands. Troop positions are not depicted.

Annotated by an unknown hand to indicate a few positions, including "Grant Hd Qrs."

Library of Congress Geography and Map Division, Washington, D.C. 20540-4650

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3884a.cw0525200

Learn More About Civil War Trust's Map Reprint Policy

Want the Latest? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook:

 

Our Sponsors