The Civil War Trust's online and offline resources are intended to supply our members, followers and website visitors with information about battlefield preservation and the Civil War Trust's mission. In the course of providing these services, for some materials, services or transactions, you may be asked to provide your name, address, and additional information. The Civil War Trust will only collect personal information, which you knowingly and voluntarily provide by, for example, sending queries via email, completing membership forms, or responding to surveys.
Interactions requiring personal information include:
• Becoming a Member
• Donating to our organization
• Signing petitions for political outreach
• Signing up for email updates/newsletters
• Entering a contest
• Registering for an event
The types of information we collect include name, email address, zip code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment information, demographic information.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as in giving a gift membership. We will use this information to fulfill your request and will provide the recipient our standard opportunity to opt out of further marketing communication.
In addition, we automatically collect certain information when you access or use our websites or transact with us, including:
• Log Information: We collect information such as the browser type and version, access time, pages viewed, IP address and the referring website.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We utilize cookies, web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels") and other tracking technologies to collect information about audience interactions with our websites and email communications, including information about traffic to the sites and browsing behavior. We use this information in aggregate for various purposes, such as improving our visitors’ online experience, understanding which areas and features of our sites and mobile apps are popular, understanding how visitors navigate our site, understanding campaign effectiveness, tailoring our communications, and other internal business purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide the services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
• Communicate with you about the Civil War Trust, including our events, news and information we think will be of interest to you.
• Personalize your online experience;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities; and
Sharing of Information
We may share information:
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf. Orders are processed through our third party payment processor, which will receive personal information, including credit card information, in order to facilitate the fulfillment process.
• While we may share your name and address information, the Civil War Trust does NOT exchange phone numbers or email addresses.
We emphasize that the Civil War Trust will not provide any of your personal information to other organizations when you inform us that you have elected to opt out. Opt Out Procedures are described below.
You may update, correct or delete your account information at any time by contacting us as described below. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Opt Out Policy
The Civil War Trust provides three easy ways for you to opt-out of having any of your personal information shared or sold to other organizations:
1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Membership Confidentiality."
2. Call: 202-367-1861 and request that you would like your information to be confidential.
3. Mail: You may also write us at: Civil War Trust, 1156 15th Street NW, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20005
When contacting us please provide your full name, membership ID number (if you have one), and address.
We take our users' privacy very seriously. When users submit personal information to the Civil War Trust, we take steps designed to ensure the information remains secure both during transmission and while stored. Some of these measures include an enterprise grade firewall and a secured environment for the data storage. All sensitive donor information is stored in this manner and only accessed by authorized Civil War Trust staff through a monitored and recorded login process using secure communication and password protection.
For our users' protection, this website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the standard of World Wide Web security, whenever financial transactions are being conducted.
Children and Privacy
The Civil War Trust websites are intended to be enjoyed by a general audience. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If children under 13 want to register with the Civil War Trust, they will need the consent of a parent or guardian. Our online registration process requires a confirmation via email, which provides the parent or legal guardian to give verifiable consent.
Links to Third Party Sites
While the Civil War Trust is highly selective about which sites we provide links to or from our websites, we do not control those websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these third party sites, as these policies will govern treatment of your personal information on those websites.
Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of some areas of our websites.
Phone: 202 367-1861 or Email: email@example.com