Institute for Advanced Study and Civil War Trust Announce Agreement to Expand the Princeton Battlefield State Park While Meeting Institute Housing Needs
12/12/16 - The Institute for Advanced Study and the Civil War Trust today jointly announced a plan to significantly expand the land that will be preserved adjacent to the current Princeton Battlefield State Park while enabling the Institute to construct new housing for its faculty on its campus.
Congress Approves Major Expansion of Petersburg National Battlefield
12/08/16 - With a vote in the United States Senate today, Congress passed legislation to expand the boundary of Petersburg National Battlefield by 7,238 acres. The bill gives the site potential to become one of the largest historical parks in the nation. Although no properties will be immediately added to the existing park, the legislation authorizes the National Park Service to incorporate historic battlefield lands previously located outside the park boundary. Petersburg National Battlefield commemorates 18 separate battlegrounds associated with the 10-month siege of Petersburg, one of the most extensive and complex struggles of the Civil War.
- 12/12/2016 - Institute for Advanced Study and Civil War Trust Announce Agreement to Expand the Princeton Battlefield State Park While Meeting Institute Housing Needs »
- 12/08/2016 - Congress Approves Major Expansion of Petersburg National Battlefield »
- 12/05/2016 - Civil War Trust Preserves 355 Acres at Chancellorsville and Wilderness Battlefields »
- 11/14/2016 - Celebrate the Holidays at Nine Exciting Historic Events and Destinations »
- 11/08/2016 - Civil War Trust Preserves 301 Acres at Rocky Face Ridge Battlefield »
- 10/28/2016 - Civil War Trust Announces Preservation and Restoration of Gen. Lee's Headquarters at Gettysburg »
- All Civil War Trust News »