1. Where will the annual conference be held in Gettysburg?
All lectures, meals and the exhibit hall will take place at the Wyndham Gettysburg. The tours will leave and depart from the Wyndham, as well. The hotel is located at 95 Presidential Circle on the outskirts of Gettysburg. www.wyndham.com/gettysburg.
2. Do I need to stay at the Gettysburg Wyndham to participate in the Annual Conference?
No. You can stay anywhere!
3. If the Civil War Trust room blocks at the Wyndham and Overflow Hotels are sold out, what should I do about a room?
First send an email to email@example.com and asked to be put on a waiting list for the host hotel. Please include the date of your arrival, departure, any special requests and the best way to contact you. Second, please visit www.destinationgettysburg.com to find a room that fits within your budget.
4. What are my travel options from the airport to Gettysburg?
Taxi rides from both Harrisburg and Dulles Airport will be over $130/one way. See Transportation Recommendations Here
5. What is the parking like at the Wyndham Gettysburg?
Parking is free, and there is plenty of it!
6. What are the closest airports to the Wyndham Gettysburg?
Harrisburg Airport (MDT) is approximately 45 miles to the hotel. Dulles Airport (IAD) is approximately 79 miles to the hotel. Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) is approximately 63 miles to the hotel.
7. Will I need a car once I arrive at the hotel for the conference?
All activities that are scheduled will have transportation provided for you. Your only need for a car is for any off site trips you want to take on your own.
8. Is there any recommended reading to prepare for the areas we’ll be exploring during the Annual Conference?
Yes! A list of recommended reading can be found here: http://astore.amazon.com/civiwarprestr-20/
9. What else is there to see and do around Gettysburg?
Who better than the locals to give you a helping hand? www.destinationgettysburg.com
Also check our own Civil War Discovery Trail: www.civilwar.org/discoverytrail